This program will teach you the underpinning knowledge and skills required to fill the position of an Appointed Person with the responsibility to identify and implement safe systems for lifting operations that includes writing method statements and risk assessments.
– Codes of practice BS7121 part 1, 2 & 3
– LOLER, PUWER, HASAWA
– Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved with lifting operations
– Duty charts
– Crane appreciation –crane types, capabilities and limitations
– Crane terminology
– Crane stability/ground conditions, crane mat calculations.Rated Capacity Indicators (RCIs) and Safe Working Loads (SWL)
– Documentation and certification for lifting equipment and lifting accessories
– Lifting accessories
– Slinging techniques
– Types of accessories and use
– Down rating of accessories using Uniform and Trignomerical Methods
– Sling angles
– Writing a risk assessment (end test)
– Planning a lifting operation
– Writing a method statement (end test)
Certificate of Achievement is provided to all participants upon completing the written assessment exam. Once both the assessments are passed, you will receive a certificate printed from the LEEA website.
The Lifting Equipment Engineers Association (LEEA) is established across the globe as the leading
representative body for all those involved in the lifting industry worldwide.
Call us to book a seat : +971-4-331-3815, +971-545844385