The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) is a UK based Board found in 1979, provides a numerous education program in which NEBOSH IGC is the most admired and wanted course by a number of people and HSE professionals. NEBOSH IGC (International General Certificate) qualification gives the opportunity to become a safety professional, a valuable employee in any company. The role of the safety officer is to ensure safety in the workplace i.e. they should follow and monitor all the protocols, policies & other measures. In order to become a safety officer/ Advisor/ Superintendent etc. This NEBOSH IGC gives the best platform.
- Justify health and safety improvements using moral, financial and legal arguments.
- Advise on the main duties for health and safety in the workplace and help their organization manage contractors.
- Work within a health and safety management system, recognizing what effective policy, organizational responsibilities, and arrangements should look like.
- Positively influence health and safety culture and behavior to improve performance in their organization.
- Do a general risk assessment in their own workplace – profiling and prioritizing risks, inspecting the workplace, recognizing a range of common hazards, evaluating risks (taking account of current controls), recommending further control measures, planning actions.
- Recognize workplace changes that have significant health and safety impacts and effective ways to minimize those impacts.
- Develop basic safe systems of work (including taking account of typical emergencies) and knowing when to use permit-to-work systems for special risks.
- Take part in incident investigations.
- Help their employer to check their management system effectiveness – through monitoring, audits, and reviews.