This Working in Confined Spaces training course has been designed as an introduction to the topic so learners can understand more about safe work practices, suitable control measures and what the law says in regards to staying safe at work.
- Confined spaces regulations
- Methods of risk control
- Atmospheric monitoring
- Health hazards and control
- Safety equipment and pre-use checks
- Escape breathing apparatus
- Practical exercise and assessment
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Summarise the requirements of the confined space legislation and the associated ACOP
- Identify a confined space and its reasonable risks
- Select appropriate methods of risk control
- Select appropriate safety equipment that may be used when entering a confined space and carry out appropriate pre-use checks
- Conduct an entry into a confined space using escape breathing apparatus and appropriate ancillary safety equipment, in a safe and efficient manner.